Friday, September 18, 2015

What a stalking revelation!


 



Words from my son -

Son: I don't like leftovers.


Myself: Too bad you have to eat them.

Son: I wish it was the old days, before microwaves, people didn't have to eat leftovers then.


Myself: ...



                  Now lets talk stalks!


I play the stalk market, but only in the kitchen.

I'm talking broccoli stalks, kale stalks, cauliflower stalks, ends of carrots (yes even the leaves), you guessed it, throw them in a bag, toss in the freezer. You can boil them up later for a great vegetable broth, removing them after you have boiled the flavors out. And you guessed it, vegetable broth too is freezable!

These go hand in hand with my soup bucket

“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” - Orson Welles



~ Miss Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment